Congratulations to the 2023 Scholarship Award Recipients
The Gamma Theta Lambda Education Foundation, Inc., the charitable arm of the Gamma Theta Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., is pleased to announce that the 2024 Scholarship Application window is now open. Please download the 2024 Application from the link below.
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity’s mission is to develop leaders, promote brotherhood and academic excellence, while providing service and advocacy for our communities. In line with this mission, we seek to recognize well rounded male high school seniors who have demonstrated superior scholastic achievement, are involved in their community and plan to continue their education at an accredited university or college in the coming year.
- Be a graduating senior attending a New Castle County area high school.
- Have a Grade Point Average (Minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale)
- Have applied to an accredited four-year college or university
- Not be the child of a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc or the child of a Director of the Gamma Theta Lambda Education Foundation, Inc
This is a Needs Based Scholarship – Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria.
- Financial Need
- Grade Point Average (Minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/or American College Testing (ACT) Scores (Optional for 2024)
- Leadership Experiences
- Community Service Record
- Writing Sample (Typed Personal Essay)