Congratulations to the 2022 Scholarship Award Recipients
The Gamma Theta Lambda Education Foundation, Inc., the charitable arm of the Gamma Theta Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., has ended the 2022 Scholarship Application window. Please come back in January 2023 for the 2023 Scholarship Award Application.
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity’s mission is to develop leaders, promote brotherhood and academic excellence, while providing service and advocacy for our communities. In line with this mission, we seek to recognize well rounded male high school seniors who have demonstrated superior scholastic achievement, are involved in their community and plan to continue their education at an accredited university or college in the coming year.
- Be a graduating senior male attending a New Castle County area high school.
- Have a Grade Point Average (Minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale)
- Have applied to an accredited four-year college or university
- Not be the son of a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc or the son of a Director of the Gamma Theta Lambda Education Foundation, Inc
This is a Needs Based Scholarship – Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria.
- Financial Need
- Grade Point Average (Minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/or American College Testing (ACT) Scores (Not a requirement for the 2022 Application)
- Leadership Experiences
- Community Service Record
- Writing Sample (Personal Essay)